The Bladez Moby X is the smallest of the Bladez Moby scooter line.
- Motor: Tanaka 25 (Japanese)
- Top Speed: 18mph
- Range: 16 miles
- Clutch: 54mm Centrifugal clutch
- Transmission: belt and chain
- Tension System: puller bolts
- Brakes: front wheel caliper brake and rear band brake
- Wheels: cast aluminum split rim wheels
- Tires: 8" air tires street
- Handlebars: clamped t-bar
- Forks: steel
- Folding: Posi-lock folding
- Deck: wood
- Frame: stainless steel
- Frame Protection: none
- Dry Weight: 37 lbs.
Belt driven reduction transmissionEdit
Like the other Bladez Mobys, the Bladez Moby XS has a simple bladez belt/chain transmission which connects the drive chain to the rear wheel. The double pulley, a heavy steel double gear, can be lightened to improve performance.
The Bladez Moby X's controls are the two hand levers on the handlebars. The double brake lever on the left operates a mechanical disc brake and rear band brake while the lever on the right throttles the engine.
Front Disc Brake. The font disc brake is operated via a hand lever on the handlebars which operate a bowden cable which runs down the support pole and compresses the calipers.
The disc brake calipers are relatively flexible and this makes for an soft feeling in the brakes. Luckily, the brake pads have plenty of surface area to ensure that the stopping power is effective.
Rear Band Brake. The rear brake is operated via a hand lever on the handlebars which operate a bowden cable which runs down the support pole and compresses the band brake.
The engine. This scooter comes with a Tanaka engine which should last for the life of the scooter if it is properly looked after. Tanaka engines are notorious for outliving the scooter they are attached to.
- Bladez product listing: http://www.ebladez.com/ptv/products/moby_x.cfm
- Bladez website: http://www.ebladez.com/