The Goped RIOT was introduced along side the Goped GTR46 as a pitbike like "scooter". Like the GTR46, the RIOT features front and rear CIDLI suspension. Unlike most other scooters released under the Goped name(excluding the Go-bike) it is designed with to have the rider primarily in the seated position.
- Motor: Goped GP460RS
- Top Speed: 30mph
- Range: 20 miles
- Clutch: 78mm centrifugal clutch
- Transmission: chain drive
- Tension System: screw adjuster and locknut.
- Brakes: front and rear Goped Maddog disc brakes
- Wheels: magnesium rims
- Tires: knobby 10" air tires
- Handlebars: MX style bent
- Suspension: front and rear C.I.D.L.I.
- Frame: 4130 chromyl
The odd looking C.I.D.L.I. can be loosened or tightened by turning 4 allen bolts. After loosening, it takes a while for the parts to expand and provide the feel desired.
Things you'll never have to replaceEdit
You may eventually have to replaceEdit
The pullstart on the Goped GP460RS engine is a soft pull. Yanking it like one would on a lawmmower tends to break the inner mechanisms, including the engagement disk. Replacement pullstarts are about $30.
You should immediately replaceEdit
Although there have been improvements made to the stock Goped GP460RS, its clutch is notorious for failing under the most mild conditions. Some have had success with a $6.99 pocketbike clutch. Replacement clutches range from $50 for oem to in excess of $150 for high performance imports. Replacement springs can be found for $15 to $20.
- Demonstration Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMFSmLAFDlE
- Goped Product Listing: http://www.goped.com/products/riot/default.asp
- Manual: http://www.goped.com/products/riot/default.asp