The Zenoah G240RC engine is a direct improvement over the G230RC. Its improvements include a 4 bolt cylinder design, a stronger and lighter crank case, an additional bearing added to the output side of the case, improved cooling fin arrangement, larger ports and a the higher performing Walbro 813 carburettor.
- Displacement: 22.5cc
- Piston Rings: 1
- Compression: 8.9:1
- Transfer Ports: 4
- Reed: no
- Carburetor: Walbro WT-813
- Stock Carb Settings: H- 1 1/8, L- 1 1/4
- Oil Mixture: 25:1
- Horsepower: 2.8 @ 10,000 RPM
- Net Power: 2.13 kw
- Rotation (output side): counter-clockwise from PTO side
- Clutch Diameter: 54mm
- Ignition System: TCI
- Idle RPM: 4000 +/- 300 rpm
- Max RPM: 14000 under load/ 19500 without load
- EPA Compliant: no
- C.A.R.B. Compliant: no
- Fuel Type: 91 octane using R+M/2 rating method
The Engine. The engine was released in the Spring of 2008 and is currently available for $220 from various retailers.
Parts and Service. Parts for the Zenoah are relatively expensive, but are readily available. In December 2009, Zenoah released a 29cc big bore kit for the Zenoah four-bolt RC engines.
This engine is very reliable, its a Zenoah after all!